1. First of all, common sense is a good thing to have. If you're in the middle of the woods and you hear someone calling your name from a creepy abandoned house, don't go in. Run as fast as you can in the way you came from. If you see someone you thought was dead, it will not be them. If there is a killer in your house, get the hell out of there. Don't run around locking doors. Don't run upstairs.
2. If you find yourself alone, in a haunted house, abandoned warehouse or some other creepy place, at midnight, think about why you're actually there, and then leave.
3. If you think you'll be getting into a fight with a murderer or supernatural being, don't use a tiny slingshot, a pen knife or a baseball bat. Take an actual gun, and make sure you have bullets in it.
4. If a certain town seems to be where everything is going wrong, get the hell out of there. Don't bring your family or friends. They're probably all possessed or working for the killer.
5. Holy water probably won't injure anyone